How to get rid of the flu this season? The arrival of autumn / winter brings more than a drop in temperatures, such as influenza, one of the most common disorders during these months. For people with an increased risk of developing flu complications, health institutions recommend vaccinated at the beginning of each campaign. Each year, the World Health Organization (WHO) publishes the composition of the vaccine for use in every season in the northern hemisphere countries. Who should get this 2016-17 season for prevent flu? As stated in the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality:
- People 65 years or older.
- Children older than 6 months and adults with cardiovascular, neurological and chronic lung disease.
- Children over 6 months and adults with metabolic diseases (including diabetes), morbid obesity, renal failure, asplenia, chronic liver disease, hemoglobinopathies and anemia, severe neuromuscular diseases, inmusupresión, cochlear implant, disorders and diseases involving cognitive dysfunction.
- Children and adolescents 6 months to 18 years receiving prolonged treatment with acetylsalicylic acid.
- pregnant women in any trimester.
- People who can transmit influenza to those at high risk for complications (eg workers of health centers, among others).
But besides the influenza vaccine, There’s others Natural medicine that we can use to strengthen the immune system making us stronger against winter illnesses.
What to eat to avoid the flu
The diet is an ally of the first to prevent flu. Diet that should not miss the following nutrients:
- Vitamin C: For anti-inflammatory effect, vitamin C strengthens the defense against respiratory diseases. Citrus fruits and berries are rich in vitamin C.
- Vitamin A: Exerts an essential role in the immune function of the body. Vegetables included in the diet of green leaves and yellow and orange fruits and vegetables.
- Zinc: A valuable mineral for immune booster, and found in whole grains and seeds.
- probiotics: Its properties also stimulate the immune system
- propolis: A natural antibiotic, antibacterial and antiviral effect.
- blackcurrant: Good for strengthening the immune system
- Copper: An anti-inflammatory mineral that helps prevent infections, and is present in barley, oat bran, wheat germ and nuts.
The diet should include fruits and vegetables in great quantities. It should take, whenever possible, raw or steamed. Among which are a must, broccoli, cabbage and kale. List that can add dried fruit, raisins and spices like black pepper, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. Finally, take care of hydration drinking plenty of water to facilitate removal of accumulated toxins.
- Cat’s claw: A plant having immunostimulating, antiviral and anti-inflammatory.
- echinacea: A natural remedy herbal for strengthening the immune system.
- Astragalus: An effective way to strengthen the immune system herbal remedy. Antipyretic, antiviral and influenza.
Tips to prevent the flu
There are some simple gestures that help also prevent the spread of influenza:
- Handwashing frequently with soap and water way.
- avoid crowded places and abrupt changes temperature.
- Avoid contact with people who have flu.
- Use essential oils aroma to fill the rooms of our home. Oils with antiseptic and antiviral properties such as eucalyptus, basil, rosemary and juniper.
You may also like: Flu: Natural Remedies and remedies grandmother and notes of the most effective anti-flu infusions.