Drink 2 liters of water a day is the best way to care for hydration and get healthy. But why exactly 2 liters? Drinking water is essential, not only when we are thirsty. However, do we know really what are the benefits of drinking water and the consequences of not doing so? Approximately 60% of our body is water, there lies the key, but there are many more reasons to take between 8-10 glasses of water a day. Read on and discover the benefits of hydration.
Good hydration improves skin elasticity and helps the kidneys to perform more effectively their function. Hydrate to which we must pay special attention to the warmer months, being recommended as a tip, always carry a small bottle of water. Heat stroke can have serious health consequences.
Why is it important to drink two liters of water?
We not always attach sufficient importance to drink water, and while for some it is a pleasure and even need to hydrate constantly, for others it is a habit that sometimes neglected. However, there are no excuses, being fundamental to the health of our body drink two drink at least 2 liters of water daily.
For a whole day we lose approximately 1,450 milliliters of water between urine, sweat, physical activity, or feces breathing. Therefore, to maintain stability in the body of water is necessary to drink at least 2 liters per day. Water brings benefits such as:
- Drinking water regularly is also important for maintain healthy hair, strength, gloss and elasticity.
- The water is source of health for the skin and to ensure its firmness and hydration prevents wrinkles.
- Water helps keep nails in perfect condition and hands look perfect all year round.
- Lose weight, and that drinking water before meals mitigates the feeling of anxiety, It reduces appetite and helps metabolize stored fat.
- Water It provides the body with minerals and oxygen they need our cells.
- Water helps to better functioning of the kidney and liver, two of the essential organs in the human body.
- It helps eliminate toxins and harmful particles from our body.
- Improves physical performance, because it keeps the muscles hydrated.
Consequences of poor hydration
What if we are not well hydrated? If you do not drink enough water:
- Our body can not properly perform the various chemical reactions that occur when ingesting water that are so beneficial to our health.
- Poor hydration makes us more vulnerable to disease such as asthma, allergies, chronic pain in different parts of the body, migraines, colitis, low back pain and leg.
- A cell chronic or severe dehydration You may increase the risk of diseases such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s or multiple sclerosis among others. This is because the cells do not have enough hydration and lack of necessary minerals such as sodium and others.
- Not sufficiently hydrated can promote problems such as overweight, cholesterol, diabetes, stress, depression, chronic fatigue and other diseases.
Do not you think enough reasons to drink water? We should not wait for thirsty to drink some water, let alone in times of intense heat. Get used to drink at least 2 liters of water daily and boasts good health.
You may also be interested in: Potomanía: Obsessed drinking water and discover the amazing Ushnodaka Therapy: detoxifying trick with hot water.