Sometimes it is not enough to eliminate from the diet foods that cause cholesterol to rise. You also have to prioritize those that increase the good. There are other details in the form of Natural medicine, also help Lower Cholesterol.
Cholesterol is a substance present in the blood and has allocated various functions. On the one hand, is part of the cell tissues, it is a precursor of vitamin D&# 8230; Almost half of the cholesterol is produced by the body, the rest comes from food intake. Total cholesterol is the sum of HDL or good cholesterol and LDL or bad cholesterol (Excessively harms health). It is estimated, according to medical data that about half of the adult population has high cholesterol, ie above 200 mg / dl or 160 mg / dl if it is bad cholesterol. Too much bad cholesterol can stick to the walls of the blood vessels, estrechándolos and rigid making them, causing called atherosclerosis.
How to lower cholesterol?
monitor the feeding It’s fundamental. Thus, it is advisable to increase the intake of fruits, vegetables, oily fish, legumes, nuts (especially walnuts) and lean meats. In other words, betting on the Mediterranean diet. In addition to diet, it is good to physical exercise (Walking at least half an hour each day), because it helps raise good cholesterol. He stress It is also a bad ally, since in these situations the body tends to produce more cholesterol to protect cells. Yoga, Tai Chi, meditation&# 8230; are some of the options for managing stress. It is also advisable away from snuff, because it reduces the good cholesterol because free radicals which causes smoke inhalation.
In addition to combining a healthy diet and exercise, there are other remedies or natural solutions that help control cholesterol also:
- 8 nuts a day: Rich in polyunsaturated vegetable oils and alpha-linolenic acid, walnuts help lower bad cholesterol. According to a study by the Hospital Clinic of Barcelona, take every 8th nuts helps reduce up to 11% risk of coronary disease. Nuts also regulate blood sugar levels.
- Linseed: Ideal for adding to salads or yogurt. Flax seeds (or oats and sesame) are rich in fiber, which removes excess fat from the arteries and promote the increase of good cholesterol.
- Alcachofera infusion: Addition of antioxidant, reduces the activity of fat cells. Add one tablespoon per cup of water, boiled for a minute and take it fasting.
- Red tea infusion: An ally to regulate bad cholesterol is also low in theine. Add a teaspoon of red tea per cup and let stand a few minutes.
- Milk thistle infusion: Helps fight bad cholesterol and stimulates good. Bake for 15 minutes, a teaspoon thistle per cup of water.
- Soy: Soy is an exceptional ally for its content of lecithin, fat favors the dissolution of bad cholesterol. Add soy sprouts to salads.
- Oatmeal with yogurt or fruit: Flaked, mixed with fruit or yogurt, this cereal contains substances that help reduce bad cholesterol in the blood, and thus the risk of heart disease. Uñado adds to your daily diet, because oats contain unsaturated fatty acids that block the absorption in the intestine cholesterol.
- Avocado and appleThe avocado is rich in monounsaturated oils, which favors maintaining cholestrol levels. also takes an apple a day. Its content in pectin, soluble fiber and polyphenols increases good cholesterol.
- pumpkin: A 200-gram serving provides 50% of the amount of beta-carotene that is required every day. A plant pigment that reduces the impact of bad cholesterol, improving circulation and reducing cardiovascular risk.
- groundnuts: Its content in mono- and polyunsaturated fats, and potassium, vitamin B6 and folic acid, peanuts unsalted lower cholesterol, and improve blood pressure step.
You may also be interested in: low-fat recipes to eliminate cholesterol and the best juices to lower cholesterol.